Monday, August 03, 2009

Around a month ago, when Chia Yeow was plotting her surprise visit back home with me, she came up with an idea, to celebrate all our 21st birthdays in one day, since most of us won't be in Malacca to celebrate together on our actual birthdays
Then out of a sudden, Chia Yeow told us that she's going back to Queensland a week earlier than planned and that our 21st birthday has to be held, as soon as possible!
And she told me about it on the day of the low tea itself
At 8.15am to be exact haha
The moment I read the text message, I jumped out of my bed and panicked like mad wondering what on earth should I bring to the party as it's a pot luck kinda thing you see
I searched through recipe sites and decided to do something simple - shortbread
But I took so long to find the okay looking recipe, I was almost late for the low tea!

I tried using my hand to make into shapes but it's too sticky to piak them to the cookie sheets
So...
I used a nozzle meant for cupcakes to squeeze them out instead

And they came out looking like cabbages, like the ones my mom planted in her FarmVille, on Facebook

Then my dad dropped me off at Chia Yeow's house late (as usual... but it's because of the cookies!) and then we went to Fleur's house together
Wait, the thing is, I am not even sure if it's a house house, it's more like a gigantic super white mansion!


Fleur explaining the differences between high tea and low tea

Fleur's mother geniusly thought of buying the thingie on the left, I dunno what it is called
Then Mei-Lyn bought chocolate chip cookies from Tesco
And Su Anne made those crazy pretty lemon tarts
Chia Yeow's sister didn't want to bake cupcakes for her because she had to do something something with my sister, so she ended up buying Big Apple donuts

Then we saw a wasp on the table
Fleur told us it was found in her grandmother's room
It's so fascinating that even Su Anne took photos of it too!
It moved a bit when we all thought it's dead already


The cake Chia Yeow, Mei-Lyn and I went to Jusco to choose, which Chia Yeow also paid for, for which I did not YET pay her back
Mei-Lyn and I were not very happy with the purple flower the Secret Recipe Malay girl put on the cake
So ugly right!

Fleur's sister, Mariel, is too cool for school


This is my favourite photo of all
Because my face can't be seen, clearly

I like this picture

No comments: