Thursday, August 27, 2009

A year ago, my dearly beloved aunt passed away
Seriously, I still find it hard to believe she is not here anymore


Weeks before she was admitted to the hospital, she gave me a call and talked to me for a while
I was reading the dictionary (given by her years ago), university life had yet to start at that time
So while talking to her, I simply grabbed the nearest thing I could reach - my hair bands, to put inside the dictionary, as some sort of a book mark
Since then, I have not been using much of that dictionary, not for light reading purposes anyway
Only for that few occasional flips to find words I do not know
I have always known that the hair bands are still in it
Even when I need hair bands urgently, I will never take the hair bands out
Because it just reminds me of that day, when she was still talking to me, giving me advices on life, like how she used to
Few weeks later, she lost her battle to cancer


Here is something another very dearly loved aunt wrote which touched my heart

"A journey embarked on an adventure with God, she walked closed with God and had a meaningful relationship with God. She grew in the Lord and experienced God in her life. How blessed is to know God and walk with God all the days of our lives. As she battled over cancer she remained faithful and trusted God to the end, from the sweet communion with God her face shone. God was her refuge and source of strength. It is sister's 1st anniversary and can’t forget her goodness, kindness,care, sacrificial love, humble, always giving without expecting anything in return, having a listening ear and she was frugal, I could go on and on and you are my witness to her life. She has impacted many lives. She will always have a special place in our hearts and never be forgotten. We love her much and still miss her."

No comments: