Sunday, November 22, 2009

21 on the 21st!

I have always wanted to say that =)
At first I did not want to have any celebration, because I was thinking it's just another birthday like any other year
My dad took days while my mom took months to convince me to have a tiny party, with just my closest friends
Two or three days before the 21st, I agreed to it after thinking real hard about it

Thank heavens I listened to my parents
Because I had a blast last night celebrating my 21st birthday with 11 of my closest friends (that I could get hold of)
My day started off really early, I went around buying stuff with my entire family (I feel so bad that my sisters had to get up early too, just because it's a family thing)
Then we reached home and started cooking
I did most of the cleaning and chopping, while my sisters and mom did the cooking
Then my dad and I went to Klebang to buy mussels for the barbecue
I told the pak cik that it's my birthday so he gave me five hundred grams extra :)))
Anyway at the very very last minute, Mei Chi and Siew Wen both couldn't make it :(
I was pretty upset about it because they mean really a lot to me

Anyway, pictures time!

Sheryl (who came all the way from Cyberjaya with her boyfriend just for my little party!!), Camie and Wee Kiat


Zachary, Desmond, Sara (whom I had not meet up with for ages! how I've missed you Sa!) and Siew Geok


Greg (who was somewhat a surprise guest of the evening, as he told Ai Fang and I that there's a family wedding to attend on the day of my birthday, but he made it for my birthday instead!) and my sister Clara's friend, Wen Xuan (she got me the sweetest gift! despite me asking all my sisters' friends not to get me anything)

Then Ai Fang came...

And she started hugging everyone she knows in sight

Just look at that woman...


Hahaha I love her so much
You can never get bored when you are with her

Sheryl's boyfriend, Aaron

And Greg
Both guys helped so so so much with the barbecuing (and stopped us from turning the food black)

Clara and her adorable friends (spot the Scarlett Johansson lookalike)

Then I took out my CDs collection to give to my friends because I don't listen to CDs anymore




And here comes my piteously small "brithday" cake
(I just realised the mistake when I was watching 500 Days of Summer and eating the cake with my sisters this afternoon)

My mom could not get a bigger size cake because it was so last minute
But it was really delicious!

Anyway this is probably my favourite picture of the day
Because only half of my face can be seen hahah

And this is me asking everyone to hurry up so they could quit staring at me
Thus the moving hands!

My family (esp my mom) who made sure everything was perfect for me

My friends who made my day totally awesome!
(I hate it when I put my hands like that! grrrrr...)

One of my favourite people to be around with - Ai Fang!

My mom, the most awesomest person on earth (except when she's angry at me)



After that I went to Pure Bar with Camie, Sheryl, Ai Fang, Desmond, Zachary, Greg and Aaron because we could not think of anywhere else to go to stare at people haha
And Greg paid for every one's drink (thankewww very much, Crackery!)


Overall I had a fantabulous birthday!
Not because of the really great and sweet gifts I received, it's really the company that counts
I have been so blessed with friendships that has lasted for so long, and yet, miraculously, they still love me for who I truly am
I couldn't have asked for more
So thank you guys for cominggggg!

No comments: